Dive into the real Game of Thrones experience!
Enjoy the beautiful filming locations where season seven took place. Dragonstone and parts of King’s Landing were filmed in the Basque Country. On this guided tour you will learn not only about what was filmed on each place but also about our local culture and heritage.
Don’t miss out the opportunity to visit these filming locations, awarded in 2018 in the category “Outstanding Locations in a Period Television Series” by the Location Managers Guild International.
Check the availability for our English tours!
- Departure from Bilbao at 9AM
- Barrika – La Muriola Beach (30 minute stay approx) King’s Landing. Here we saw Davos, Tyrion and Gendry. On season seven the Gold Cloaks try to stop Tyrion from leaving King’s Landing and when Davos can’t buy their silence, Gendry decides to act.
- Butrón Castle (15 minute stay approx.) Photo stop While it wasn’t featured on Game of Thrones, this castle has a fairy-tale look about it inspired by Bavarian castle models. It is a perfect place to take photos and feel like a lord or a lady of Winterfell.
- San Juan de Gaztelugatxe (2h stay approx.) Dragonstone. Here is where Daenerys and Jon Snow meet for the first time. In real life, San Juan de Gaztelugatxe is not a big castle but a small hermitage on the top of 241 steps located on the Basque coast.
- Bermeo (1h stay approx) Here we will stop to have some free time to have lunch as Bermeo is very well known for its pintxos, tapas and local wine called txakolí.
- Zumaia Flysch – Itzurun Beach (1h stay approx.) When we see Daenerys stepping on her true home for the first time, she is actually stepping on a 60 million year old beach. Zumaia’s Flysch dates from the mid-cretaceous period to the present, a time period of over 100 million years.
- Return to Bilbao at 5.30PM approx.